Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Project Helen

Project Helen has been one hell of a journey for me already. At first I was confused, because for me not having an example of something really kind of scares me. But after many conversations with Charlotte, I am finally excited for this project. I decided to do what I do best and stick to photography. I really love taking portraits and I also really love lighting and studio portraits.
So to describe the spaces
Panel one is going to be a self portrait within my bathroom. my bathroom is covered in Zebra print. One would describe it as, "snooki inspired." Hell, maybe it's the Jersey in me, but i think it's fun. So, I am going to do a self portrait in the bathroom and i will camouflage myself into the "patterns" of the zebra. For the second Panel. I will be in a field of grass, I will also camouflage myself into the grass. These two panels will be symbolic of how i feel about home and Columbus. Columbus, being the exotic part of me, and New Jersey being the more calm part of me.
So that's my idea and lets hope it goes well because i'm excited now!


1 comment:

  1. Tee hee! Love seeing other's points of views! (Columbus as exotic)
    I do think you are on the right path... trust yourself and bring photos in next week (you can bring in enough for both panels or just focus on one panel).
    Try two different approaches with the pictures of you: one shoot in the space and one shoot in a "clean" space. Then you can decide if you want to do more composite work later in the pipeline...

    ReplyDelete