Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Project Helen


Project Helen has been a big adventure for me. First I had a really hard time figuring out what i was going to do or even how to comprehend what I could possibly WANT to do.
My final product is a diptych depicting my conflicting emotions about home and about Columbus. I am a very different person when I am at home. I am very to myself and bored all the time. the first image shows that. It is a self portrait of me composite with an image of the Appalachian Trail which is my back yard and basically the only thing to do or go to during the summer. the second image is my bathroom in my apartment in Columbus. Although my bathroom "screams" Jersey, I am screaming because I am finally going "wild". When I am here, I go insane with school and work and being very involved with school activities. My apartment is the one place that I can feel calm while i'm here, btu still being in a crazy world. It also shows how where i am from is a lot more calm and nature-y and Columbus is much more "exotic" in a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment