Wednesday, December 1, 2010

O-H-I-O


Some CCAD students find Ohio State football to be obnoxious.
Others find it to be intriguing and enjoy it.

Ohio State students on the other hand, consider it to be their life.



These are some of the photos i may use out of the 300 I actually took the night of the jump.

I did a documentary on Ohio States traditional mirror lake jump. Happening every year the Thursday(or in this case a Tuesday due to the holiday) before the Michigan Vs Ohio State game.
Students get wasted and take their clothes off in the thirty degree weather just to participate in this tradition. As a bystander this year, I thought it was hilarious. I love how into football Ohio State students are. This year I really became a buckeye fan when I moved to Ohio State campus with my roommate. I love it down here, the atmosphere is always so lively and fun, especially on Saturdays during the football season.
It would be really great if CCAD students had some sort of tradition to hold on to. It gives the students a sense of family, even though there are thousands of students who go to the school.
Now that I've taken the shots, i'm going to talk to a few people who did the jump themselves and ask them about there experience and why they choose to do it every year.
I plan on going next year, will i jump? absolutely not, but i will definitely be there taking pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Very happy to see your project! It looks like your audience is CCAD (your intended audience). So the next step is to make us care... Why should 1500 private art students care about the antics of 52,000 state school students? I like that you hint at tradition and a shared experience... Plus, you also mention that your culture changed when you moved to OSU campus. So, this piece souls be just your perspective with a take it or leave it kind of approach or it could be a true advocation for CCAD students to try visiting and enjoying the group up the road.

    ReplyDelete