Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Final progress post for project Ron Saks

So i have my final 10 images that I think that i'm going to use for my project.
The reason i am doing this project is because I really believe that even though the environment is so different at Ohio State, CCAD kids should really go out and experience what campus has to offer. Who says us art kids can't enjoy football, beer, and 29 cent wings? I say that we definitely can. When I decided to move to campus, I was super nervous. I was nervous that no one was going to like me because I didn't go to OSU and I didn't know their traditions and ways of life. But on the contrary. I have met so many friends here and i feel incredibly welcome. I've been thinking of ways I would display these photos, and I was thinking, why not make them into flyers that I would put on telephone poles? Telephone pole ads are all over the place on CCAD's campus AND OSU campus. It is the way everyone can see what is going on that week all over Columbus. I would make the black and white xerox copies that I will post on campus(ours and theirs).
SO I am basically finished. :)
it's a Christmas Miracle!

1 comment:

  1. Wait a minute girlfriend... you've got less than a week to implement this! How will your flier "reach" CCAD students? I don't mean physically, but emotionally? How will you lure them in? Advertising vices like: making them want it or showing how they would be better with it... Or, Anthropology vices like: Observe and Immerse or Visit this "other" country...
    Plan time for the documentation of your fliers. Make sure to photograph people looking at your fliers, maybe even facial reactions...
    The addition of text is also going to be challenging... don't just throw it on. Really think about how you can use text to your advantage...

    ReplyDelete